Thursday, November 6, 2008

Crisis


I am so lucky, which I am able to step into invest world as 10 year old, although that time i was not really investing, i was gambling.

I had gone through 1993 crazy bull run on KLSE, 1997 Asia crisis, 2000 Tech bubble, 2003 SARS, and now, 2007 sub-prime. I always ask myself, since I had been hit down so hard on 1997, will i able to escape from the next financial crisis. I had been asking for so many time since Feb 2007, which the bull start to fade. Unfortunately, the answer is no. I am still in the market, enjoying the paper loss, which wape out all my 2006 gain.

Frankly, I can only said i was investing start 2000, thanks to internet, which allow us to read a lot of data online, making the world flat, fair to everyone. Thanks Lion, who actually bring me into the real investing heaven, US market. US stock market is the most complete stock market in the world, you can make money in all direction. There is no reason you cannot make money, just you might be in wrong position. In KLSE, when bear market, what we can do is pull out all the money, and wait to recover.

One of my friend, asked me before:"when will you pull out money from stock?". I said " I dunno". He said "then you are just playing a figure's game, watching the figure up and down, and you will never pull the money out!" Yes, he is true, i seldom pull my money out, it is just like a black hole, money go in, will hardly able to pull it out. But I believe that, it will bring me toward another level of financial freedom one day. Yes, that day will come.

This sub-prime crisis already last for one year, maybe the worst is pass, maybe is not. My prediction is correct, the stock will drop very fast, unreasonable fast, but it won't climb unreasonable. Hence my early strategy on doing bear call spread is correct, which make me earn a lot of money. But with the incredible 7 days down, i had been jump in into it on 3th day. It will be a good buy, only if the worst is behind us, else.......my confident level is not high.

The more you read, you know how naive you are.

No comments: